- 1 1/3 cups of all-purpose breadfruit gluten-free flour mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cup milk (regular or non-dairy)
- 4 cups approximately oil of your choice for frying
In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt. Add in the eggs, vanilla and milk and whisk. Let the mixture sit for about 20 min. before cooking.
How to make the funnel cakes?
- Heat the oil in a pot.
- Hold your funnel and place your finger on the funnel’s smallest opening to block. Measure about a half cup of batter into the funnel and position above the oil.
- Quickly remove your finger and drizzle the batter in a freeform pattern to make the funnel cake. Be sure to leave gaps as the cake will puff up slightly.
- Let the funnel cake cook for about 1 minute before flipping, and fry each side until golden brown.
- Remove to a paper towel to remove the excess oil and repeat with remaining batter.
- Top the funnel cake with your favorite Pinta Gelato and some crumble Dulzura Borincana coconut and chia bar.