- 1/2 cup dry white wine (e.g., Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons nonhydrogenated vegetable shortening
- 2 cups of all-purpose breadfruit gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk or cream
- In a medium saucepan, place the wine, water, butter and shortening and stir to combine. Heat over medium heat until the butter is melted and the mixture is simmering (about 3 to 4 minutes), stirring occasionally. Remove the saucepan from the heat, and dump in the flour and xanthan gum. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until the mixture comes together. Add the milk/cream by the tablespoonful, and knead into the dough until it is smooth.
- Turn the dough out onto a smooth surface and knead until fairly smooth. Do NOT flour the kneading surface.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and allow it to rest at room temperature for an hour. This is an important step.
- After the dough has rested, roll until it is about 1/8-inch thick (the width of a nickel), and use a 3-inch biscuit cutter (or smaller or larger, if you prefer) to cut into rounds.
- Diced you chicken and marinate it with Chuleria en Pote seasoning, Chef Piñero BBQ sauce, salt and pepper.
- cook chicken and then filled the rolled dough with chicken.
- Fry on each side till golden brown.