For the cake:
- 3 3/4 cups of all-purpose Breadfruit mix (475 g)
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup Cortes cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups water
- 12 oz cup non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened soy)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup neutral oil such as canola
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp brewed coffee
Frosting and jam:
- 16 ounces vegan cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup Earth Balance (2 sticks), room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup sweet pepper jam
- First of all, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add the sugar and whisk to combine. In another bowl whisk together all the wet ingredients (the water, milk, vanilla, oil, vinegar, and coffee)
- Mix together the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Divide the batter evenly among the three pans, and bake 28 to 32 minutes or until the tops bounce back when lightly pressed.
- Let the cakes to cool in the pans for 15 minutes.
- Mix the room temperature cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add sifted powdered sugar 1 cup at a time
- Place the frosting in the refrigerator for 15 to 25 minutes.
To assemble the cake:
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate and spread about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the jam on top of the cake. Spread a thin layer of frosting on top of the jam. Repeat the process for the second layer.
- For the 3rd cake layer and frost the top and decorate it with Dulzura Borincana coco and chia bars and a lil bit of cocoa. (optional)